[Mediawiki-l] Extension:EmailArticle

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:54:08 UTC 2007

On 24/08/07, Gary Kirk <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed this (mw:Extension:EmailArticle) today and I have some
> issues with it which I asked the author about on his user talk page,
> but more generally I wonder if someone can adapt it. Currently the
> toolbox link displays on every page in all namespaces, and is able to
> 'send' pages like Special:Preferences, which display in the email as
> MediaWiki:Noarticletext, which looks help. Anyone know about removing
> the link & functionality?

I've just grabbed the extension with a view to hacking in the
specified bits, but looking at the code, I'm not sure I want to. There
seem to be some odd things going on; mismash usage of the Database
class interspersed with mysql_* functions...direct access to $_REQUEST
rather than using the nice WebRequest sanitisation...

However, line 41 could be changed to `if( $title instanceof Title &&
$title->isContentPage() ) {`, which will stop the tab appearing on
non-articles. It won't stop the user forcing the special page to
"send" invalid pages (e.g. special pages), but that's due to poor
design on the part of the author.

Rob Church