[Mediawiki-l] Deleting wanted pages?

Joshua C. Lerner jlerner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:13:32 UTC 2007

On 8/23/07, Sean O'Connor <sean at transabled.org> wrote:
> Is there a way to delete all the links to wanted pages in one fell
> swoop?  My wiki is quite young and there are no wanted pages that
> aren't a result of the installation itself.  I'd like to clear all
> these links, but don't particularly want to go trhough a few dozen
> pages to remove the [[brackets]] manually.
>
> Is there a way to do this through a script?

You can use the script replace.py (part of pywikipediabot) to scan the
pages of your wiki, and remove the brackets when the target page
doesn't exist. (You can compile a list of wanted pages at your
Special:Wantedpages page.)

It's a little tricky to get up to speed with the bot, but well worth the effort.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Using_the_python_wikipediabot

Joshua