[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki and Google Gears

Oliver Kohll oliver at gtwm.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 15:04:08 UTC 2007

An offline toolkit such as Google Gears?

http://gears.google.com/

There are some others as well I think. Would require significant work.

Oliver

On 21 Aug 2007, at 15:58, Alexis Moinet wrote:

> Casey Brown wrote :
>> How do you suggest that would be done?  :-)
>>
>> On 8/21/07, Bruno Goncalves <bgoncalves-
>> Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> Do any of you know of a mediawiki plugin that would allow users
>>> to use
>>> the wiki offline? I would be interested in, at least, offline
>>> editing
>>> capabilities.
>>> Sincerely,
>>>
>>> Bruno
>
> I guess he's asking for something like svn but with wiki :
>
> you've a local copy (using checkout/update), you modify it locally
> and then you commit your modifications to the repository where they
> are merged with other people modifications (and it asks what to do
> in case of conflicting edits)
>
> no idea of such a tool but it would be interesting if you have a
> limited access time to the Internet

> !DSPAM:505,46cafdd397651029354543!

oliver at gtwm.co.uk / 0845 456 1810 / 07814 828608
The Old Bank, 4 Ravenhill Rd, Swansea SA5 5AW, UK

NOTE
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of GT webMarque by means of e-
mail
communications. The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the
intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed;
it may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee,
nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error please return to
sender via e-mail.

DISCLAIMER
Please note that neither GT webMarque Ltd nor the sender accept any
responsibility for viruses transmitted via e-mail. It is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any).