[Mediawiki-l] User rights management limited to users you create?

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Thu Aug 16 13:14:33 UTC 2007

I've started working on this, and it's morphing into a more general
replacement for UserRights.  The basic idea is that I'm going to make
it so that the Special Page works on lists of users rather than on
one user at a time, and  I'm going to use checkboxes for the groups
instead of the menu.

Since the user lists on successful wikis will be long, I'll make the
lists filterable or username (with % wildcards) or by a date range
when a user was registered.  And I'll have to figure out how to do
paging.

Sysops/Bureacrats will be able to see all users.  Other users will
only see the users they created, as logged in user logging (which
means that this feature will require the userlog extension), and they
will only be able to set groups that they have permissions for.

At least that's the plan... we'll see if I can actually do it!  If
anyone has suggestions, please reply.  And if any subset of this does
already exist, please let me know!!!!

Jim