[Mediawiki-l] page protection through encryption?

Oliver Kohll oliver at gtwm.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 13:49:32 UTC 2007

I was thinking of using .htaccess for this myself, with a pattern
match. So e.g. something like the pseudocode

<LocationMatch "Key">
   <LIMIT GET PUT>
     require user me
   </LIMIT>
</LocationMatch>

would only allow access to pages with Key in their name to me.

What do you mean by transclusion workarounds?

Oliver

On 15 Aug 2007, at 14:14, Frederik Dohr wrote:

>> Is there any great need for
>> the restricted pages to be alongside the unrestricted ones? Put them
>> on a password protected server and be done with it.
>
> You mean set up a separate wiki for every single group (say, one for
> "confidential", one for "secret", and a third for "top secret")?
> Or maybe there is a way to use .htaccess for this ... although, that
> would be very vulnerable to transclusion workarounds!?

oliver at gtwm.co.uk / 0845 456 1810 / 07814 828608
The Old Bank, 4 Ravenhill Rd, Swansea SA5 5AW, UK

NOTE
No contracts may be concluded on behalf of GT webMarque by means of e-
mail
communications. The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the
intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed;
it may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this addressee,
nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error please return to
sender via e-mail.

DISCLAIMER
Please note that neither GT webMarque Ltd nor the sender accept any
responsibility for viruses transmitted via e-mail. It is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any).