[Mediawiki-l] page protection through encryption?

Frederik Dohr fdg001 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 15 12:01:01 UTC 2007

> What's your plan for communicating keys? You are likely to just move
> the security issues from the articles themselves to the keys, which
> isn't a great improvement.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean...

For starters, I was thinking of having the user choose any custom key or
"password" (as long as the page is not encrypted already, of course), so
you would actually have to type in that password and reload the page to
decrypt.

Communicating those keys to the authorized people would be a bit
cumbersome, of course - so in later (post-proof-of-concept) versions,
you might have user groups, so the encryption would take place
automatically.

Again, this is just a silly idea (not even a concept) for now - I was
simply inspired by that TiddlyWiki plugin.

-- F.