[Mediawiki-l] The Case of the Disappearing Logo

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Tue Aug 14 20:39:05 UTC 2007

Platonides wrote:
> Peter Laws wrote:

>>     * MediaWiki: 1.10.1
>>     * PHP: 5.1.6 (apache2handler)
>>     * MySQL: 5.0.22
>>
>> All running on RHEL 5.
>
> What have you set $wgLogo to?
> What happens when you point your browser to that URL?

Initially, the default.  I went to the site URL today and, lo and behold it
was there.  Phew!  Not.  I go in and add to and edit $wgLogo in
LocalSettings.php to point to my custom PNG.  I can see the PNG when I
point the browser to it, but not when I view the page.  I did have the path
wrong at first, but Apache's error log clued me in.

Now I've got it set to

$wgLogo = "{$wgStylePath}/{$wgScriptPath}images/mylogo.png";

.. which, I thought translated to

http://myhost/wiki/images/it-nwc-logo.png

Maybe not?  It's blank on the wiki page - no broken icon.  Is there another
log I should look at?

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu