[Mediawiki-l] TableEdit 0.75 - now beta!

Ralph Hulslander rph at rovenet.com
Thu Aug 9 15:36:04 UTC 2007


Thanks, very strange behavior with my XP Media (64) download.

I click on TableEdit 0.75 tar format and downloaded tableEdit.0.75.tar
then I click on TableEdit 0.75 tgz format and downloaded
"tableEdit.0.75.tar"

I changed the file extension to .tgz and the download said it was 
downloading tableEdit.0.75.tar.

Well hopefully I can open something, if not I'll doit on my my macMini
and copy the file over to my windows box.

Thanks again.
Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Jim Hu
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 10:36 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] TableEdit 0.75 - now beta!

I put  links to 0.75 in tar and tgz format here:

	http://trimer.tamu.edu/jh/

Jim

On Aug 7, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Ralph Hulslander wrote:

> Yes please, WinZip should handle most common compression methods.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ralph
> rph @ Rovenet.com
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
> [mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Jim Hu
> Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 11:18 PM
> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] TableEdit 0.75 - now beta!
>
> Hi Ralph,
>
> It's tgz, so I don't know if WinZip normally handles the tar+gzip.
> Do you want me to send it to you as tar only?  Email me off list.
>
> Jim
>
> On Aug 6, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Ralph Hulslander wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim, not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but
>> should the
>> tableEdit.0.75.tar be openable with WinZip on a XP computer?
>>
>> I get a "Error reading header after processing 0 entries."
>>
>> I was getting the same error on the .0.6 file.
>>
>> Normally WinZip handles .tar files.
>>
>> Ralph
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
>> [mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Jim Hu
>> Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 12:21 AM
>> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
>> Subject: [Mediawiki-l] TableEdit 0.75 - now beta!
>>
>> TableEdit 0.75 was just released to mediawiki.org
>>
>> 	http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TableEdit
>>
>> Two major changes and lots of bug/compatibility fixes:
>> Major change 1: database name is specified by $wgTableEditDatabase
>> Major change 2: an empty table appears instead of the Create Table
>> Here link
>>
>> For those who haven't seen these release announcements before,
>> TableEdit is an extension that calls up a Special page to use forms
>> to edit tables.
>>
>> I decided to move it from experimental to beta largely because we are
>> turning it loose on some actual users this week.
>>
>> Jim
>> =====================================
>> Jim Hu
>> Associate Professor
>> Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
>> 2128 TAMU
>> Texas A&M Univ.
>> College Station, TX 77843-2128
>> 979-862-4054
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> MediaWiki-l mailing list
>> MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
>> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> MediaWiki-l mailing list
>> MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
>> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
> =====================================
> Jim Hu
> Associate Professor
> Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
> 2128 TAMU
> Texas A&M Univ.
> College Station, TX 77843-2128
> 979-862-4054
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

=====================================
Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
2128 TAMU
Texas A&M Univ.
College Station, TX 77843-2128
979-862-4054


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
MediaWiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l




More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list