[Mediawiki-l] texvc

Maurizio Vitale maurizio.vitale at polymath-solutions.com
Tue Aug 7 17:34:27 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Bruno Goncalves wrote:

> Hi Maurizio,
>

> - you have to have dvipng installed, in addition to LaTex
>

> I do.
>
> - if texvc is not run you see a red box telling you so where you'd
>> normally expect math equations to appear.
>

> I see red letters saying "*Failed to parse (unknown error): \sqrt{n}"*

This means that texvc is run but Math.php doesn't understand the
returned HTML
or (more likely) you get no output from texvc. In Math.php line 69
you can print
the variable $content and see what it looks like.
If you're under Windows I'd investigate the communication between PHP
and the subprocess
running texvc.

> I have modified texvc so as not to delete the auxiliary files. I
> couldn't
> find anywhere on Math.php where it did this.

You're right. That's in texvc. Bad memory.

> Any more ideas?

I'm afraid not. Unfortunately I don't know much of PHP and I have to
fight my way through these
things by trial and error.