[Mediawiki-l] After upgrade, I have duplicate tables in database

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Oct 18 09:29:10 UTC 2006

Patricia Barden wrote:
> Thanks, Brion...
>
> Before running the web installer, I ran "upgrade1_5.php" from the
> command line in order to do the db schema upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5.
> I'm guessing it completed since there were no error messages and I
> have all of the "new" tables in the db. The portion of the script
> that renames "table_temp" to "table" ran. But tables that have "_old"
> appended to the name and other tables that are now obsolete, like
> "user_rights", were not dropped.
>
> I'd just like to confirm that the tables that appear in a clean
> install of the latest version (1.8.2) are the only tables that need
> to be in upgraded versions as well. They are:

Correct*.

* with possible exception if you used a non-standard option during the
install to avoid copying data out of the cur table, in which case the
text table would include some entries refering to the cur table and it
would need to be kept. Normally this would not be the case, and the cur
table can be removed.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)