[Mediawiki-l] Feature: "Email this page"

Sam Odio sam at bluwiki.org
Wed Oct 18 09:04:47 UTC 2006

Erik,

I would agree with Robert - ideally you make a special page and add
an "email user" button in your skin.

If you want to go the "hackish" route use a mailto link and define
the subject/body.  Of the top of my head, something like this might
work:
<A HREF="mailto:?subject=Foobar.com web page recommendation.&body=Hi,
You might be interested in this web page; <?php $this->text
('pageurl') ?>">Tell a friend</A>

Let me know if you implement a SpecialPage - as I would be interested
in also doing that on http://BluWiki.org

-s