[Mediawiki-l] Installing MediaWiki on a co-lo server

Robert Leverington lcarsdata at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 18 05:34:00 UTC 2006

I don't think you are meant to use phpMyAdmin at all unless you want
to manually edit the MySQL database, usually web hosts provide a
control panel where it lets you do many things with your hosting.
There is probably something which says "Manage MySQL Databases" or
similar, in their is the place you need to create the MySQL database.