[Mediawiki-l] Antwort: Re: Link to a Windows-Fileshare

Swen Wacker swen.wacker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 14:58:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

2006/10/17, JTAutry <jtautry at yahoo.com>:
> So I've heard.  Unfortunately, a) the fix is plastered all over the mediawiki FAQ and b) its confusing to a newbie becuase there is no $wgUrlProtocols being assigned in LocalSettings.php.
>
> Yes, I'm both a newbie and confused!   :)

I am a newbie too and i found this way to learn
$wg_Strings_I_Never_Have_Heard_About:

Searching in Mediawikis search
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=%24wgUrlProtocols

Hopefully finding a manual-article
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgUrlProtocols

Following the link "Site customization:" on the top of the page

Reading on the top of the targetarticle:

Never edit DefaultSettings; copy appropriate lines to
LocalSettings.php instead and amend them as appropriate.

HTH

Swen