[Mediawiki-l] Customization on menu

Alexis Moinet alexis.moinet at fpms.ac.be
Tue Oct 17 08:01:57 UTC 2006

itsec.info a écrit :
> 1) How can I remove the tab entry 'Discussion'?

If you simply want to *hide* it :

in skins/monobook/main.css (or edit either the Mediawiki:Monobook.css of the Mediawiki:Common.css pages of your wiki and add the following)

li#ca-talk { display: none;}

OR

in includes/SkinTemplate.php file, comment (add # at the beginning of each line) this :

$content_actions['talk'] = $this->tabAction(
				$talkpage,
				'talk',
				$this->mTitle->isTalkPage() && !$prevent_active_tabs,
				'',
				true);

*this WON'T disable discussion, it just HIDES the tab*

> 2)  How can I remove the menu 'toolbox'?

in skins/monobook.php, remove :

<h5><?php $this->msg('toolbox') ?></h5>
<ul>
blabla
</ul>

you might also get the same result using skins/monobook/main.css