[Mediawiki-l] Uploading obscenely large files

Justin Morgan JMorgan at d2hawkeye.com
Wed Oct 4 16:56:09 UTC 2006

>Can someone confirm with me that I *have to* change my php.ini ?
Rather
>than affect my entire server, I'd much rather just use ini_set in the
>LocalSettings.php .....but that doesn't seem to be working!?
>
>I have set memory_limit, post_max_size, and upload_max_filesize using
>ini_set in the LocalSettings.php ...no change in trying to upload a
10mb
>file.
>
>shouldn't that command work?

Chris,

I can't say exactly why you're having trouble, but I can confirm that
all components in your technology stack need to support size X or
greater if you're uploading a file of that size.  MediaWiki runs on PHP,
so your php.ini must be configured to support those file sizes.  The
same goes for any Apache modules you may have installed.

-Justin

PRIVACY NOTICE

This email and any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of the information contained in this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this email.