[Mediawiki-l] Subpages in main namespace?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Thu Mar 23 06:58:26 UTC 2006

Rich Morin wrote:
> At 3:18 PM -0800 3/22/06, Jan Steinman wrote:
>> Human knowledge is rife with hierarchies -- not because
>> they are "natural," but because humans invented the model.
>
> I agree somewhat with this, but there are many situations in
> which the universe enforces hierarchical organization.  For

I don't know the history of mediawiki, but don't forget
there are pages/sub pages (and I agree they must be very
strongly related to be usefull), but also categories/sub
categories.

and that can accomodate many categorisation kind (one page
can have more than one category). This is also very powerfull.

However, the controversy comes probably from the fact than
mediawiki is principally aimed to wikipedia, but is so good
that many others uses are now frequent :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net