[Mediawiki-l] Subpages in main namespace?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed Mar 22 21:34:57 UTC 2006

Brion Vibber wrote:

> Since the "/" character is legitimately used in many titles,

this is simply a matter of syntax and is up to the devl
people (thanks to them, MediaWiki is a nive piece of code :-)

Instead we have a system of
> associated namespaces (primarily the Talk: namespace) which provide a
> machine-readable separation with much much lower probability of ambiguity.

I don't really see the relation between sub pages and
namespace. Namespace are very difficult to manage (admin
task). sub pages on my own work are very common

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net