[Mediawiki-l] Mysterious Error

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Mar 21 22:25:44 UTC 2006

Charlie Sellew wrote:
> My MediaWiki software (version 1.3.0beta2) has been buzzing along fine for a
> long time, but then suddenly a few days ago all pages started displaying
> this error:

For the love of all that is good, upgrade immediately! There's a boatload of
security issues with a version that old. No one, anywhere, should be using it.
You're putting your users, your data, and possibly your server at risk.

(Also, later versions don't use the fragile PHPTAL system, so should solve your
problem.)

> Warning:
> _loadcachedcode(/tmp/tpl_0_7_0_1ea1690d778636860620e7d464dd8938.php): failed
> to open stream: Permission denied in
> /home/allalias/public_html/guide/PHPTAL-NP-0.7.0/libs/PHPTAL/Template.php on
> line 430

Check the file permissions.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)