[Mediawiki-l] "include" mechanism in MW?

Thomas Gries mail at tgries.de
Sun Mar 12 20:25:53 UTC 2006

Rich Morin schrieb:
> I am interested in adding mechanically-generated content
> (e.g., text, images) to MediaWiki pages, as discussed in
>
>   http://www.cfcl.com/~rdm/weblog/archives/001002.html
>
> I think that the cleanest way to do this might be to let the
> user put in an "include" request for some specified content.
> A program could then note the request and generate a file,
> which MW could fold into the page whenever it was displayed.
>
> Problem is, I don't know what provision (if any) MW has for
> including files, etc.  I've looked over Help:Contents and
> the extensions list, but I haven't recognized anything that
> seems relevant.  Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> -r

Dear Rich,

I published a framework for this under the title

   "Getlets: extending the interwiki concept beyond any limits"

during the First International Wikimedia Conference 2005 04.-08.08.2005
in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.

Please find this presentation in the Proceedings which location has
recently moved to [1]
Presentation slides are here [2];

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Transwiki:Wikimania05/Workshop-TG3
[2]