[Mediawiki-l] How do you change the logo URL

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Mon Feb 27 22:03:39 UTC 2006

Robert Pfau wrote:
> I think he just wanted to change the href not the logo itself
> please correct me if iam wrong...

I see, so he says, too.  I reread his email a couple times and still
think it's ambiguous, but to be honest I would say I leaned the wrong
way in interpreting it.  Sorry, but I just see so many people try to
hack files indiscriminately that I came to the wrong conclusion.  Es tut
mir leid!

I think you're right, then, and Mr. White will need to make the change
along the lines of what you've described.  A "cleaner" method would be
preferable but I don't believe one exists... I can't see the use of
putting in a reference to a new MediaWiki namespace page like
Wikilogotarget if the page needs hacked with every version upgrade,
although he could judge the situation better.

Hínandil