[Mediawiki-l] How do you change the logo URL

Hínandil hinandil at freespirits.org
Mon Feb 27 21:40:16 UTC 2006

Robert Pfau wrote:
> Audrey White schrieb:
>
>> I am working on our mediawiki wiki and have been asked to change the URL
>> that the left hand logo goes to, to our school's home page.  This is
>> probably very simple but I am not sure what in Localsettings.php to
>> change.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>
> you can edit it manually in your Monobook.php
> maybe there is a "cleaner" way...i dont know

I should think there is!

Change this line (or add it if it doesn't exist) in your
LocalSettings.php file.  Then you will not need to hack your skin files
every time you upgrade.  The logo pretty much wants to be no greater
than 135x135 or you'll have some problems, I believe.  Test it before
you walk away.  :)

$wgLogo             = "/webpath/to/logo.file";

Hînandil