[Mediawiki-l] Trackback spam

Tels nospam-abuse at bloodgate.com
Mon Feb 27 19:16:51 UTC 2006

Moin,

On Sunday 26 February 2006 05:02, Sy Ali wrote:
> On 2/21/06, Jan Steinman <Jan at bytesmiths.com> wrote:
> > Is there any strategy in place for combatting this new (to me, at
> > least) form of vandalism?
>
> Yes, Bad Behavior[1]
>
> The trick is to ban problems at a lower level.. to have your server
> analyze traffic before it gets to your wiki engine.
>
> [1] http://www.ioerror.us/software/bad-behavior/
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Bad_Behavior
> http://www.ioerror.us/software/bad-behavior/installing-and-using-bad-be
>havior/on-mediawiki/

That sounds very usefull, bookmarked!

Best wishes,

Tels

--
 Signed on Mon Feb 27 20:16:29 2006 with key 0x93B84C15.

 "We're looking at a future where only the very largest companies will be
 able to implement software, and it will technically be illegal for other
 people to do so." -- Bruce Perens, 2004-01-23