[Mediawiki-l] Cannot edit pages: Fatal Error

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Feb 18 21:41:53 UTC 2006

FreeAll Support wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I'll try again:

You still haven't provided basic background information such as:
* the URL to your site
* version of MediaWiki
* version of PHP
* version of anything else
* how long it's been installed
* how you installed
* whether it worked before and stopped working, or never worked
* if you've made any customizations to the configuration

> I hope the symptom is clear: I have a problem editing any of my wiki
> pages... it's a whole new wiki engine, and whenever I try to save a page I
> get this message:
> " Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: searchupdate in
> /home/freeall2/public_html/arkana/arkanapedia/includes/Article.php on line
> 2122"

The SearchUpdate class is defined in SearchUpdate.php, which is included from
UpdateClasses.php, which is included from GlobalSettings.php, which is included
long before this code is reached.

So, this shouldn't be possible unless:
* Something's broken
* The code was altered
* There's a bad mix of files from different versions, etc

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)