[Mediawiki-l] Editing special pages / Upload additional file types

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 11:09:30 UTC 2006

Which bit of them?

The text used in the interfaces can be edited in the same manner as
any other text; via the MediaWiki namespace. See the
Special:Allmessages page on your wiki for a list of customisable
interface text. If you've changed the LanguageXX.php (or
MessagesXX.php, in 1.6alpha) files, run the rebuildMessages.php
command-line maintenance script to repopulate the database.

The actual behaviour of the special pages is controlled by code in the
includes/SpecialXXX.php files. If you want to change this, you will
have to hack those.

Rob Church