[Mediawiki-l] Editing special pages / Upload additional file types

zach bass geek at bassten.net
Thu Feb 16 02:02:51 UTC 2006

Thanks, that answered a couple of my questions, not sure how I missed it.
However, I didn't see any mention of editing special pages.  Am I missing
something obvious? Again, my question was:

1.  Is it possible to edit special pages?  It looks like the text for
special pages is stored in the database and is non-editable binary data,
and that these database fields are populated from the file
./languages/Language.php, but changing the text in this file has no
effect--is this data just imported to the database when the Wiki is first
set up?  Is there any way to pull in new changes from this file?