[Mediawiki-l] Search Results - relevancy

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 12:01:51 UTC 2006

Farrell, Rob (contractor) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to use the search results that wikipedia and mediawiki uses
> that shows article relevancy instead of the default search format.  How
> do I do this?  Idiot's language please.  I'm a newbie.

On Wikipedia we use an alternate, experimental search engine because MySQL's
built-in search can't handle the amount of load we get. This requires a separate
daemon, various extra software, and a separate data-loading and refresh step.

In idiot's language: you can't do that.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)