[Mediawiki-l] Cached ContentActionUrls?

Tony Bowden wikimedia at tmtm.com
Thu Feb 9 00:24:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 04:03:19PM -0800, Brion Vibber wrote:
> > Unfortunately, the list of content actions seems to get cached on the
> > page, requiring an action=purge to correctly toggle the contents of
> > the tabs.
> Watch/unwatch updates the user's cache timestamp.
> Protect/unprotect updates the page's cache timestamp.

Ah. This is back up a level - in User::removeWatch, rather than in
WatchedItem::removeWatch.

Thanks for the pointer.

I understand that protect will change the page's cache timestamp as the
protection is a simple flag on the page, but I'm slightly confused by
the watch/unwatch updating the user's cache timestamp, as this
information isn't stored directly with the user data, and calling
loadFromDatabase doesn't seem to re-load anything to do with the
watchlist...

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, but I can't quite get my
head around the all the caching yet.

Thanks,

Tony