[Mediawiki-l] Hosting requirements

david cuthbertson scienceinthegreen at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 21:11:58 UTC 2006

Thanks Jon,

Your pages loaded consistently in about 2 seconds on
my machine.

My site: http://ccgi.davidc.force9.co.uk/goethe
can only manage that at best, but often takes very,
very much longer. I run the 'vanilla' mediawiki
software (MediaWiki 1.5.4; PHP 4.3.10; MySQL
4.0.24_Debian-10-log), but have assumed the download
time to be a server problem - one of the reasons for
wanting to move.

Cheers,
David