[Mediawiki-l] I'd like to add these features

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:11:40 UTC 2006

1. Wikipedia has a user called Raul654 responsible for the main page
content. He sets up a series of subpages containing summaries of the
featured articles, decided in advance. He then uses a transclusion
containing variables such as the current date, which does most of the
work.

2. I'd recommend creating a custom special page to do that. See
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Writing_a_new_special_page for
information and advice.

Rob Church