[Mediawiki-l] Anybody get 1.3.11 working?

Frederik 'Freso' S. Olesen freso.dk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:01:42 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:12:58 -0500, Muzaffer Ozakca <mozakca at indiana.edu> wrote:
>I do use CVS but never have time to invest to learn all uses of it. If I
>have to, I will learn how to back up an earlier version. On the other hand,
>it's a shame that we don't have a simpler and usable front-end to CVS (or a
>completely new versioning system). I used WinCVS before and not very
>satisfied with it and prefer doing editing on our linux box.

WinCVS sucks. You really should try TortoiseCVS for if you're using
CVS from a Windows-box: http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

>I'm not a MS person and have a lot of Unix experience but I would still
>prefer using Sourcesafe over CVS (however much it sucks, it's much easier to
>use). For example, I don't want to look up a version number to get a diff in
>CVS, I would much prefer to point and click in this situation. Getting a
>diff and understanding it shouldn't be so overwhelming. The output of diff
>on *nixes is still cryptic for me and so I usually do it on my windows using
>a side by side diff tool.

Have you tried using Subversion (SVN)? In ways, it's much similar to
CVS, there are just some things that are different. I generally prefer
SVN over CVS, although I do find CVS suitable for some things.
Subversion: http://subversion.tigris.org/
There's also a TortoiseCVS-'clone' for SVN, TortoiseSVN:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

<zap>
- Freso, who somehow became a Tortoise?V?-promoter? o.O Oh well.
Turtles are always fun! =)