[Mediawiki-l] Re: Re: Optimization of Rewriting Rules?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Wed Feb 16 22:53:02 UTC 2005

On 16 Feb 2005, at 14:43, Ira Abramov wrote:

> Quoting Jan Steinman, from the post of Wed, 16 Feb:
>> Alias is doing exactly that on my site right now. Or is it my
>> imagination?
>
> donno. this doesn't simply settle with what I know about Apache's Alias
> directive unless some other trick is afoot (like redirect in the
> .htaccess file rather than in the server config or vice versa?)

Well, you DO have to change LocalSettings.php to make
/wiki/Article_name legal.

:::: A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on
military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching
spiritual doom. Martin Luther King, Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/003AA15>