[Mediawiki-l] How to make external links open a new window?

D_C d3ntaku at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:36:07 UTC 2005

>> My convention for sites I do is to make links that go off-site open a
>> new window. Is there a simple way to do this? If not a simple way,

> Have you ever asked what the users think about such sites?

The system should give flexibility to the designer as much as the
user. He probably knows more about his site's req's than you do. OTOH
if the designer chooses to make an art-piece and ignore the users, he
should be able to.
For example this guy might be doing a bank intranet site where he
needs to make really clear what is an external resource.

The implication here is that mediawiki makes it difficult for a
designer to pre-determine link functionality.

/dc