[Mediawiki-l] Edit conflict unicode bug?

Dan Carlson minutiaeman at st-minutiae.com
Sat Jul 31 00:19:14 UTC 2004

On Jul 30, 2004, at 4:47 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:

> P. Kerim friedman wrote:
>> If I can reproduce it I will file a full report with all the info you
>> requested. I'll try later, when I have time. FYI: I'm using OmniWeb
>> 5beta on mac OS X. (Which uses the Apple WebKit.)
>
> Thanks. I gave a quick try with Safari 1.2.2 also, with normal results
> so far. Hopefully it's just a freak occurance. :D

I also use OmniWeb 5 -- from what I understand, OmniWeb doesn't have
full Unicode support (yet).  For instance, where Unicode characters in
MediaWiki URLs may appear normally in Safari, but they appear as
encoded characters in OmniWeb.  So I assume that it has something to do
with the application itself, and not WebKit.

Dan Carlson