[Mediawiki-l] Edit conflict unicode bug?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Jul 30 19:26:50 UTC 2004

P. Kerim friedman wrote:
> I think I found a but in MediaWiki. When presented with an "edit
> conflict" screen for editing a page twice too quickly I guess, it
> stripped out all the unicode information from the page. All Chinese
> characters were replaced with ????

Version, configuration, language settings? Set for Chinese or English?
Unicode or Latin-1? Raw Unicode text or 〹 numeric entities? Which
browser are you using? Can you reproduce this effect regularly? If so,
can you provide an exact set of steps to do so?

I could not reproduce this in 1.3.0beta5 set for English/Unicode, with
raw Unicode Chinese text, using Firefox 0.8.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)