[Mediawiki-l] Help with customizing MW 1.3

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Fri Jul 23 23:13:02 UTC 2004

Nick Bell wrote:

>> In other words: if there's no open access, it's not a Wiki.
>
> OK, but surely it's legitimate (in some other equally valid sense) to
> use a Wiki for the benefit of a community, albeit a closed one?

I don't think it's a question of legitimate versus illegitimate. I -would- say
that it's probably not a big development priority for MediaWiki to make
restricted use features.

Anyways, WikiNature is probably off-topic for this list. Let's take this
discussion to private email if you'd like to talk further.

> I have looked far and wide for a CMS system that meets my needs.
> MediaWiki seems to be the most promising at present.

That's great! What a good endorsement.

~ESP