[Mediawiki-l] Administrative rights

Zigger zigger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 13:35:16 UTC 2004

Try:
UPDATE user_rights SET ur_rights='sysop,bureaucrat' WHERE ur_user=1;

1 is the id of the administrator created during initial configuration.
That account can then use Special:Makesysop as it will have bureaucrat rights.

To find the id of a different user:
SELECT user_id FROM user WHERE user_name='jblain';

-- Zigger