1. I would like to know more about the fact that who was the inviting
person for this informal meetup? Can you also share the record written
2. Since, this was something that not a part of the official program of the
Wikimania, how was it deemed important enough to be attended?
(For example, what if some random person (such as Bodhi) sends an
invitation to (let's say Manav) attend and present about Punjabi
Wikimedians UG at Asia Meetup at Wikimania 2019.)
3. Since, the invitation was one particular meetup, was the possibility of
a remote participation considered? 2 WMIN representatives present at
Wikimania (Krishna and Viswa) could also have presented with the help of
the slides prepared by Rahul.
4. It would be great if the presentation can be shared on Commons, if it
hasn't been done already (If it's there please provide a link). Also, it
would be good if Rahul writes a report (if already not done) about his
participation in the whole event, just like the scholarship attendees.
(Just for information purposes, Punjabi UG has decided to ask all its
representatives at all national and international events to prepare a
report about their participation and to try and organize local events to
pass on the learnings.)
5. Sadly no one knew of the availability of this kind of support from any
organization. What Manav was saying that last year her session was selected
for the official Wikimania program and she didn't know whether any support
6. What should be the process for making such decisions in the future?
Let's start thinking about this as this is not just about one particular
incident but the decision making in the movement in general.
I am sure this has been a good learning for the chapter. I believe ensuring
transparency and adequate decision making process is very much required to
ensure that the wider community's faith in our organizations remain intact.
On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 at 17:30, <wikimediaindia-l-request(a)lists.wikimedia.org>
Send Wikimediaindia-l mailing list submissions to
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
You can reach the person managing the list at
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Wikimediaindia-l digest..."
1. Edit-a-thon during Indian independence day/week (Tito Dutta)
2. Re: Wikimania tour of Rahul Desmukh (Yohann Thomas)
3. Re: Wikimania tour of Rahul Desmukh (Jayantilal Kothari)
4. Re: Wikimania tour of Rahul Desmukh (Bodhisattwa Mandal)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 00:35:32 +0530
From: Tito Dutta <trulytito(a)gmail.com>
To: Wikimedia India Community list
Subject: [Wikimediaindia-l] Edit-a-thon during Indian independence
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
A couple of Indian communities have plan to conduct small edit-a-thons
during/around 15 August. As of now, I know about Marathi, Telugu, and
recently Hindi has added an event page. Today morning I was talking on
Wikidata India noticeboard on Wikidata label-a-thon.
Perhaps you may have a look:
Note: If I don't reply to your email in 2 days, please feel free to remind
me over email or phone call.