Thanks for the kind words, Naveen! I agree fully (though I may be slightly biased! :-))
...Don't forget the superstar Campus Ambassadors!!! Details at WP:INDIAEDU! Send
them some WikiLove as well!
Wikimedia India Programs
skype : hisham.wikimedia
gtalk : hmundol(a)wikimedia.org
twitter : @mundol
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all
knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
On Aug 21, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Naveen Francis wrote:
There are many star students and star teachers from
India Education Programme.
Just loves how the program is turning out.
Signature powered by WiseStamp
On 21 August 2011 17:44, Hari Prasad Nadig <hpnadig(a)gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Pradeep Mohandas <pradeep.mohandas(a)gmail.com>
5. After the round of introductions, Hisham Mundol from the Wikimedia Foundation India
office provided an update.
5. a. He said that two members were added to office staff - Nitika Tandon and Shiju Alex.
Nitika would be working with the Pune Education Program. Shiju will join them in the end
5. b. He said that the Educations Program was successful. They expected 250 students but
have now got about 1000 students. They are working on how to manage this larger than
expected outcome. One of the things they are considering is having more Campus Ambassadors
5. c. The office is also (hopefully) to be registered as a public trust soon.Various
options were considered before they reached this decision. They are also looking for
premises in the National Capital Region.
This is big news!
Thanks for the update, Pradeep.
5. d. Hisham introduced Nitika Tandon to the members present.
6. Nitika provided an update on the India Education Programme.
6. a. She said that she had recently taken up her work at posting in Pune.
6. b. She has also been talking to 2-3 colleges in Pune but they have been taking it slow
since they have to manage the current student count.
7. Hisham suggested that one of the star students is user:basic.atari
) who has been great and requested
Mumbai community members to send him some wikilove. (How? - Once you log in, click on the
heart in the top right of the user page to whom you want to send wikilove and be led
through some steps to send people wikilove)
8. Achal gave a small talk on Oral Citations project. We were (Again) not able to show
8. a. Achal said that the Wikipedia before ~2004 did not have citations and they grew as
the Wikipedia project grew over the years.
8. b. He said citations currently was currently done from the publications industry which
has stronger and wider presence in European and North American countries.
8. c. This combined with the limitations on what are rules on what could get cited, could
be one of the reasons for decrease in the growth of new editors on Wikipedia.
8. d. The limitation on citation and deletion of articles without good citations turned
off new Wikipedia users and also took away some of the revolutionary ideas around which
Wikipedia was born. Other form of citations were thus to be considered.
8. e. Wikipedians in India and South Africa worked on the Oral Citations project -
9. The meeting was concluded at 6 pm.
How Pradeep uses email - http://goo.gl/6v1I9
Hari Prasad Nadig
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list