Thank you. Issue solved. I had to comment out
" # $wgArticlePath = '/wiki/$1';"
No idea what that was doing but it seems to have solved my issue. Not exactly the same
template as before, and my logo is busted but the page data is all available. Good enough
for archive purposes. Thank you :-)
[mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Dave Humphrey
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:43 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [MediaWiki-l] Upgrading and moving a mediawiki at the same time.
The error "The requested URL /wiki/Main_Page was not found on this server."
sounds like an Apache error which means your new server is not even getting to the
MediaWiki part. If it was you'd get the typical "There is currently no text in
this page." or a blank page/error message. I can also guess that since you say there
is nothing in the Apache error log that either the error log is not setup or you are
mixing up servers somehow (it happens, at least to me).
I would start by making sure the error log is setup and working properly and then moving
on to why "/wiki/Main_Page" doesn't work...have you setup your Apache config
with the proper redirects on the new server?
On 13 September 2012 12:31, Nicholas Brenckle <Nicholas.Brenckle(a)megapath.com>
I have a very old mediawiki at a legacy company, I
think version 1.9.
I am trying to migrate this to a new server, including new
hostname/domain. I just want to keep the legacy data in there around
as its pretty useful. Read only is fine. I really don't want to print
out a few hundred pages and stick them in a book ;-)
Old server(s) : web.olddomain.tld, mysql.olddomain.tld - CentOS 4.9
w/PHP 5.2.6 New Server: web.newdomain.tld - CentOS 6.3 w/PHP 5.3.3
I put a new NameVirtualHost in the new server and it works as expected. Time to move the
old mediawiki over. DB dumped (mysqldump), old web files tarred and both are scp'd
over to the new server. New DB is created and the old data imported. Username created and
given access to DB, same as existed on the old server. The only change I make on the new
server is in the LocalSettings.php file, I point at the new DB on localhost, username and
the rest of the info stays the same. If I try to run this as is, without upgrading the
mediawiki code, I get an error in Apache. "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected
T_NAMESPACE, expecting T_STRING in /var/www/html/documentation/includes/Namespace.php on
line 44" According to the FAQ this is due to upgrades in PHP and old code. I
figured at this point I needed to upgrade to a newer version of mediawiki code.
I download the new mediawiki code and follow the upgrade
script/process here :
New files are untarred over the old files.
I run the update.php script from maintenance directory.
I made one additional change, which is the file under the web root
'StartProfiler.php' contains the line 'require_once(
dirname(__FILE__).'/includes/ProfilerStub.php' );' and I change that to
'require_once( dirname(__FILE__).'/includes/profiler/ProfilerStub.php' );'
as the new Profiler code seems to be running from includes/profile and not just includes.
The server now serves a "Not Found" error, "The requested URL
/wiki/Main_Page was not found on this server." Nothing shows up in error_log.
Not sure if what I am doing is "too many steps at once" and if there is any way
to upgrade to 1.19 on the existing server (with the older version of php) and THEN move
it, or if I can get the older mediawiki running with the newer version of php, and THEN
upgrade it. It seems like the move+upgrade makes things go a little wonky.
PS - If this is a dupe, sorry. I subscribed and then something
happened and my post was rejected as I wasn't subscribed. I
resubscribed a few days ago and made sure I was getting mail from the
list before sending this time :)
MediaWiki-l mailing list
Dave Humphrey -- dave(a)uesp.net
Founder/Server Admin of the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages -- www.uesp.net
MediaWiki-l mailing list