With rather poignant timing, Wikimedia Ukraine - in cooperation with the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and Ukrainian Institute - last week
launched the second edition of the writing challenge Ukraine's Cultural
Diplomacy Month, which runs until 17th March:
The campaign is dedicated to famous Ukrainian artists of cinema, music,
literature, architecture, design and cultural phenomena of Ukraine that
made a contribution to world culture. The most active contestants will
receive prizes, and you can contribute in any language. I'm sharing this on
behalf of Wikimedia Ukraine, for those who are on the UK list but not the
international Wikimedia list.
With best wishes
Lucy Crompton-Reid (she/her)
Wikimedia UK is recruiting for a Finance and Operations Co-ordinator to
join the staff team in a broad ranging support role. We are ideally looking
for someone with experience of using Sage 50 accounting software, but
training can be given in this and other areas of the job role.
Details of the role, including how to apply, are online here:
Please do share this amongst your networks, and/or forward to anyone you
think might be interested.
In the meantime, I wish you all a good weekend!
Lucy Crompton-Reid (she/her)
Apologies if you have already seen this ad somewhere else, but I would be very grateful if you could share the invitation below with your networks of Wikipedians, especially newly trained editors' groups.
The study involves trainers and active editors, so you are also welcome to join our group of trainers through the sign-up link provided below.
· Are you a newly trained Wikipedian (Joined after Wikipedia training or an Edit-a-thon during the last three months); or
· Wikipedia Trainer, or Active editor (approximately 5 edits per month for the six months)
In collaboration with The IDEA Network at the University of St Andrews and Wikimedia UK, you are invited to participate in a series of online group discussions to help us better understand how to support collaborative editing in Wikipedia training.
These events will take place online using Microsoft Teams during February and March; we will do our best to find dates to fit everyone's schedule. Your participation in any of these 1.5-2 hours sessions is voluntary and will be compensated with £15 worth of gift voucher as a thank-you for your time. There is also the option to donate the voucher to a charity of your choice.
This is part of a PhD research project. The link below has the Participant Information Sheet, which contains additional information about the discussion groups and what type of data we are going to collect during these sessions.
If you are interested in signing up, please click on the following link: https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b40ht5tXrUHum3k
You will then be sent the link to the consent form and, from there, the pre-event survey.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or any of the researchers. Their details are below:
* Abd Alsattar Ardati (aaa8(a)st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Dr Sara Thomas (sara.thomas(a)wikimedia.org.uk<mailto:email@example.com>)
* Dr Richard Nevell (richard.nevell(a)wikimedia.org.uk<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Dr Kirsty Ross (ksrh1(a)st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:email@example.com> )
* Prof Ian Gent (ian.gent(a)st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Dr Alexander Voss (alex.voss(a)st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:email@example.com>)
* Dr Uta Hinrichs (Uta uhinrich(a)ed.ac.uk<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Dr Angela Miguel (arm14(a)st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:email@example.com>)
School of Computer Science, University of St Andrews, Jack Cole Building, North Haugh St Andrews, KY16 9SX
+44 1334 46 3262
Abd Alsattar Ardati
SACHI Group, University of St Andrews, Scotland aaa8(a)st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> | www.st-andrews.ac.uk<http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/> | abd.ardati.org
phone: +44 (0)1334 46 3260
I aspire to a healthy life:work balance. Please only respond to my emails during your normal working hours; I do not expect a response outwith these hours.
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532