I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki language extension
* sha256sum: 55adb8b1a5197570fe76501454a66d2f1581bd6854e4091e2b56545a6d072d0b
* Installation instructions are at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org
* Talk with us at #mediawiki-i18n @ freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
Amir E. Aharoni, Niklas Laxström
== Babel ==
A function Babel::getUserLanguages() was added to get the user
languages (bug 42326).
== cldr ==
CLDR extension version number can now be used in code with
== CleanChanges ==
Only localisation updates.
== LocalisationUpdate ==
No changes since last release.
== Translate ==
=== Highlights ===
Work continues with the new Translate UX. Many new features have been added,
many issues fixed and WebAPIs have been extended to support the new features.
It is not yet ready for production use, but can be tested by appending query
param tux=1 to the url on Special:Translate (tux=0 to get back).
New search page Special:SearchTranslations was created. It depends on working
TTMServer configuration with Solr backend. More info:
=== Developer and compatibility changes ===
All translation helpers were refactored into TranslationAids and
TranslationWebService classes. The old interfaces will be kept around
for a while, until they are refactored to use these new classes.
Translatons aids are now also available in the WebApi. More information:
* New method: TMessage::getPropertyNames()
* Deprecated: MessageCollection::setReviewMode() (no-op)
* MessageCollection::slice() now returns information
* css and js files are now in subdirectories under resources/
* ApiQueryMessageCollection: new property "properties" was added and
"revision" was deprecated.
== Other noteworthy changes ==
* Unused messageDust.php removed.
* (bug 42611) Superfluous newlines added in PythonSingleFFS
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
== Known issues ==
We fixed an issue where ULS preferences for logged in users were not
saved between different pages. This depends on a fix on MediaWiki core
which is not yet in any released MediaWiki version. It is on a queue to
be backported to 1.19, 1.20.
=== Noteworthy changes ===
* More unit tests were added
* Used upstream libraries jquery.ime, jquery.webfonts and jqeury.uls
* A "Special" region is now supported for custom languages that don't
fit into any region.
* An alias for the non-standard language code 'als' was added,
redirecting to 'gsw'.
== Bug fixes ==
* (bug 42384) Don't show the "previous language" tooltip when
the ULS panel is shown
* (bug 42440) Incorrect language was shown as selected in display settings
* (bug 42375) Show current IME language in ULS input settings
* (bug 44010) ULS could make log entries appear in wrong language
Amir Elisha Aharoni · אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore