The Wikimedia Language Engineering team is pleased to announce the
first release of the MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle. The bundle
is a collection of selected MediaWiki extensions needed by any wiki
which desires to be multilingual.
This first bundle release (2012.11) is compatible with MediaWiki 1.19,
1.20 and 1.21alpha.
Get it from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
The Universal Language Selector is a must have, because it provides an
essential functionality for any user regardless on the number of
languages he/she speaks: language selection, font support for
displaying scripts badly supported by operating systems and input
methods for typing languages that don't use Latin (a-z) alphabet.
Maintaining multilingual content in a wiki is a mess without the
Translate extension, which is used by Wikimedia, KDE and
translatewiki.net, where hundreds of pieces of documentation and
interface translations are updated every day; with Localisation Update
your users will always have the latest translations freshly out of the
oven. The Clean Changes extension keeps your recent changes page
uncluttered from translation activity and other distractions.
Don't miss the chance to practice your rusty language skills and use
the Babel extension to mark the languages you speak and to find other
speakers of the same language in your wiki. And finally the cldr
extension is a database of language and country translations.
We are aiming to make new releases every month, so that you can easily
stay on the cutting edge with the constantly improving language
support. The bundle comes with clear installation and upgrade
installations. The bundle is tested against MediaWiki release
versions, so you can avoid most of the temporary breaks that would
happen if you were using the latest development versions instead.
Because this is our first release, there can be some rough edges.
Please provide us a lot of feedback so that we can improve for the
I would like to announce the release of MediaWiki Language Extension
Bundle 2019.04. This bundle is The bundle is compatible with MediaWiki
1.31 and 1.32 or above and requires PHP 5.5.9 or above.
Next MLEB is expected to be released in 3 months. If there are major
changes or important bug fixes, we will do intermediate release.
Please give us your feedback at
* Download: https://translatewiki.net/mleb/MediaWikiLanguageExtensionBundle-2019.04.tar…
* sha256sum: 5fbbd39acd1cc0e1edbd542a390daf1992d1526134ceb69248cdb4dced58f3a9
* Signature: https://translatewiki.net/mleb/MediaWikiLanguageExtensionBundle-2019.04.tar…
* Installation instructions are at: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
* Announcements of new releases will be posted to a mailing list:
* Report bugs to: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/
* Talk with us at: #mediawiki-i18n @ Freenode
Release notes for each extension are below.
-- Kartik Mistry
== Highlights and upgrade notes ==
== Babel ==
* Maintenance and localization updates only.
== CleanChanges and cldr ==
* PHP entry point has been removed. Warning will be displayed for
deprecated PHP entry point. (T140007)
* Maintenance and localization updates.
== LocalisationUpdate ==
* Maintenance updates only.
== Translate ==
=== Noteworthy changes ===
* Fixed fatal error on PageContentLanguage hook subscriber (T214358)
* Replaced usage of mw.translateHooks with mw.hook. Deprecation
warning will be shown while using functions under mw.translateHooks
* Added support for newer versions of the Elastica extension while
maintaining backward compatibility for older version REL 1.31
* Fixed page suggestion control on Special:PageMigration (T217726)
* Fixed broken Special:PageMigration (T217727)
* Add link to Special:PageMigration when page is marked for
* Removed display of the message group state for the source language (T160511)
* Fixed invalid display of priority language notice (T217046)
* Added better error handling in Special:SearchTranslations (T159221)
*Display proper notice when translations to non-priority languages are
*Fixed "proofreading" status appearing for source language on the
MessageGroup and Language stats page (T160511)
== UniversalLanguageSelector ==
* Various performance fixes.
* Maintenance and localization updates.
==== Input Methods ====
* New tilde-based layouts for several languages of Africa: Kabyle,
Kabiye, Kikuyu, Luganda, Lingala, Malagasy, Northern Sotho, Koyraboro
Senni, Sango, Sotho, Venda.
* Added Latin Pinyin transliteration keyboard
==== Fonts ====
* Added fonts for Church Slavonic. (T156843)
Kartik Mistry | કાર્તિક મિસ્ત્રી