While reading a bug pointed by the i18n triage
<https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16026>, Happy-melon says
"A more general bug (which might well exist, I didn't check thoroughly)
would be "ALL MediaWiki messages should be either plaintext or accept
So I had the idea of censusing the wfMsg calls in the MW code and try to
detect which ones accept wikimarkup or other dialects (it depends of the
wfMsg function and of the parameters of that function). So I wrote
yesterday a Python script to census the wfMsg calls in one side and the
messages in another side. The latter is not very useful in fact but the
former gives some interesting results.
I’ve done some statistics about the wfMsg calls on
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WfMsg_statistics>. There are also the raw
data and the link to the script (output to CSV).
If you find it useful I would be happy, but it was also an exercise for
extracting and manipulating data.