The Wikimedia Language Engineering team is pleased to announce the
first release of the MediaWiki Language Extension Bundle. The bundle
is a collection of selected MediaWiki extensions needed by any wiki
which desires to be multilingual.
This first bundle release (2012.11) is compatible with MediaWiki 1.19,
1.20 and 1.21alpha.
Get it from https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MLEB
The Universal Language Selector is a must have, because it provides an
essential functionality for any user regardless on the number of
languages he/she speaks: language selection, font support for
displaying scripts badly supported by operating systems and input
methods for typing languages that don't use Latin (a-z) alphabet.
Maintaining multilingual content in a wiki is a mess without the
Translate extension, which is used by Wikimedia, KDE and
translatewiki.net, where hundreds of pieces of documentation and
interface translations are updated every day; with Localisation Update
your users will always have the latest translations freshly out of the
oven. The Clean Changes extension keeps your recent changes page
uncluttered from translation activity and other distractions.
Don't miss the chance to practice your rusty language skills and use
the Babel extension to mark the languages you speak and to find other
speakers of the same language in your wiki. And finally the cldr
extension is a database of language and country translations.
We are aiming to make new releases every month, so that you can easily
stay on the cutting edge with the constantly improving language
support. The bundle comes with clear installation and upgrade
installations. The bundle is tested against MediaWiki release
versions, so you can avoid most of the temporary breaks that would
happen if you were using the latest development versions instead.
Because this is our first release, there can be some rough edges.
Please provide us a lot of feedback so that we can improve for the
I have a little problem to which I currently do not have a solution.
I added a new system message key to the UploadWizard extension via
configuration in the "LocalSettings.php" file called
"mwe-upwiz-license-c". On the special page using it it is shown as
expected as <mwe-upwiz-license-c>. Now I added my translations to
"MediaWiki:mwe-upwiz-license-c" and "MediaWiki:mwe-upwiz-license-c/n"
respectively. However on the special page it still shows as
<mwe-upwiz-license-c> after adding the translations.
I currently have no idea what to do about is. This is what I have tried
apart from using a fresh browser:
- Setting `$wgMainCacheType =CACHE_NONE;` did not work.
- Setting `$wgParserCacheExpireTime = 0;` dit not work
- Running both the "rebuildmessages.php" and
"rebuildLocalisationCache.php" maintenace script did not work.
If someone has a little hint for me, that will be much apprechiated.
Probably it is just a small thing but currently I am somewhat blind on this.