Within the next fortnight, I plan to commit a set of changes which
will allow the multiple-language internationalisation of extensions
I've written, including:
It's quite simple to provide a translation for these; reading one of
the .i18n files will make it quite clear how. I use the same base
mechanism as other translated extensions, but with trivial differences
in how the translations are read out before feeding them into
MediaWiki; this allows me to keep most of the extensions backwards
compatible, where appropriate, which was one reason I didn't like the
method that's been used before.
You are, of course, quite welcome (and encouraged) to provide
translations for these extensions, and to post patches on BugZilla or
pester an existing committer to add them.
If I change the semantics or handling of a message in English during
an update, or I change, e.g. the parameters passed to it in an
incompatible manner, then I'll comment out the translations. This will
cause the fallback language to be used so that the code continues to
*work*, but to be honest, I don't envision making huge changes to
existing extension code; I'm more likely to *add* something.