Lang Com: is requested to contact linguists for the verification of
1. Saraiki has ISO 639-3 valid code skr.
2 Saraiki is language in the census of Pakistan.
3. Saraiki is a school, college, and University subject.
4. Saraiki is taught from primary to Ph.D level.
5. Saraiki has TV channels.
6. Govt: of Pakistan has made website in Saraiki also.
7. Saraiki is recognized language by Govt: of Pakistan.
8. Awards are awarded by Govt: of Pakistan in Saraiki languages books in
addition to Punjabi language.
9. Saraiki news and programs are presented on Public and Private Radio in
10. Saraiki language Dictionaries are also available since 1881 A.D. An
online is this https://www.ijunoon.com/saraiki/dictionary.aspx?word=when
11. Saraiki has its own Grammar, Idioms, Proverbs, alphabets, and Tenses.
12. Saraiki translations of Bible and Quran are also available.
13. All above things are available for Pakistani Western Punjabi as well as
14. Saraiki is also language of WordPress. see https://skr.wordpress.org/
- In 1881 , Glossary of the Multani Language Compared with Punjábi and
Sindhi, was pulished. In this book more than 5000 words are given, which
shows that Saraiki and Punjabi are different. see,
- In Wt/skr
there are more than 18000 pages. Most words are different from pnb.
- Alphabet of Saraiki are different from western Punjabi pbn.
- See also https://www.britannica.com/topic/Siraiki-language ۔ Hence
Saraiki Wikipedia be approved.
Most work has been done in Saraiki Wikipedia and Saraiki Wiktionary. Kindly
approve these so that these may be created. Thanking you anticipation
Hello dear language committee,
As some of you might know, a number of Moroccan Wikimedians are working on
developing a new version in the Wikimedia incubator, regarding Darija, also
called Moroccan Arabic (language code: ARY). The User Group in Morocco is
actively supporting the effort, and many members are involved in it so that
the quality is improved, and overall the result is better. You can find the
home page at this link
There you can also see that more than 1200 articles were written so far,
and a number of new ones is created on a daily basis.
The reason why we are sending this email is that we feel close and ready to
launch the project as an own Wikipedia, and we wanted to hear your opinions
and feedback, on what eventually needs to be done before that. Do you have
any specific comments or ideas that you think we must really think about
before making our submission? We would really appreciate your expert-eye
and return so that we can improve this project to the best, before making
the submission for a full-wikipedia, probably during this year.
Thank you very much in advance for your kind attention, and support, and
have a good Friday so far!
Anass - on behalf of Wikimedia Morocco Darija project Team
I have been working on improving the process of creating with the goal of
ultimately automating it (for now, it least eliminate the toil ).
The most exhausting (the toil) part of creating new wikis is keeping track
of all of the moving parts, Is CX working? Is DNS entry deployed? ...
I started a code  that takes a bug id like (like T251371) and outputs
all of the steps in pre-install and post-install if they are done or not.
If you noticed, I have been adding this to bottom of the new wikis creation
My next plan is to actually make maintenance bot  add these and keep
track of them and in the next steps it would start creating patches and
close/create tickets too but writing this is quite exhausting and gerrit's
API is no less than a disaster. Any help is appreciated!
What I want to ask from langcom is to keep in mind that this code parses
the text they put in the tickets they create to find out for example if the
new wiki is a Wikipedia or a special wiki because it seems you're using a
template. Do not change that pattern please, or at least let me know if
you're changing it.
: More about what "toil" is: