I am Gabriel Lee from Hong Kong, I would like to be a member in the
Langcom. I know zh-n, zh-yue-5, en-5, ja-2 and fr-2. Please contact me with
sending a mail to chihonglee777(a)gmail.com. Thanks a lot!
Gabriel Chi Hong Lee
I hope I'm addressing the right communities here: sorry in advance if this
is not relevant to you.
I work for WMFr and we recently got a call from M. Henrý Kiljan Albansson,
who's been working for seven years on a lexicon to help translation from
Icelandic to French. His objective is to build:
- A solid translation tool to decipher Icelandic
- A database, through the synthesis of numerous books and documents
- A tool which promotes an unknown language
- A work which contributes to the preservation and dissemination of a
rare and medieval language spoken by 300,000 people in the world
- An additional gateway to the "Francophonie"
- An original concept, allowing to work easily and in a flexible manner,
both for research and to better understand Icelandic
- A free and open tool
M. Albansson would like to get his work finished asap (for now, his lexicon
counts 35 000 entries, his objective is to reach 50 000) and to be able to
disseminate it. This has a cost, and he's therefore looking for partners
who could be interested in the project.
Do you have any contacts of organizations which would be interested in such
a tool ? The methodology he used could also be used for other rare
CHARGEE DE MISSION PARTENARIATS ET RELATIONS INSTITUTIONNELLES /
PARTNERSHIPS & INSTITUTIONAL RELATIONS
*Tél +33 7 62 93 42 02 /+33 9 67 06 26 24 *
*www.wikimedia.fr <http://www.wikimedia.fr/> *
*40 rue de Cléry, 75002 Paris* <http://osm.org/go/0BPIihnIn?node=691082430>