On Friday 22 October 2004 21:43, Rowan Collins wrote:
Your system is impressive, indeed.
general-use replication network like Coral
Perhaps you could cooperate with them to share algorithms/code et cetera.
Why not distribute editing, too?
I imagine a system like this:
1. A collection of network nodes acting as catalogs of articles and a list of
other nodes serving these articles.
2. A collection network nodes acting as editing servers and storage servers
for the articles.
3. Users query the catalog server to find an article.
4. Users can edit the local article stored in any given server. The server
reports the change to all known catalog servers.
5. Catalog servers ask all known storage servers whether they wish to update
6. et cetera...
Admin of http://portal.wikinerds.org
Project Manager of http://www.nerdypc.org
Project Manager of http://www.adapedia.org
Project Manager of http://maatworks.wikinerds.org