I don't have the time to help you with your specific problem, but I may be
able to give you some hints. For example, your template has an interwiki
link to the "Rijksmonument" template on the English Wikipedia, but this
*should* be an interwiki link to the English translation of your Russian
table row template. To help you I can show you what I did for the Belgian
Wallonia lists. Belgium is tri-lingual (Dutch/German/French) so English
seemed to be a logical place to put the lists where no one would object,
since almost none of the lists are in all three languages, but are either
in Dutch/French or Dutch/German or German/French. I made a Wallonia set of
templates and starting translating the Dutch lists with Excel. I am no
where near done so this is a work in progress, but you at least can follow
what is happening on all language Wikipedias with the same data.
By the way, this is hand work. There is no way you can easily update and
synchronize lists across all Wikipedias.
Here is a link to the English template for header:
Here is a link to the English template for row:
Unlike you, I had a structured list to begin with from the Dutch Wikipedia,
and all I needed to do was add the English translation. With an excel
macro, I first dumped the Dutch list into Excel and created an extra field
for the English translation in the description parameter of the Table row
template with this line:
I then translated the other fields as follows:
Since most of the monuments are houses, the default "house" is now already
in there, but to get the complete Dutch descriptions translated, I first
extracted the Dutch descriptions, numbered them, and dumped them by
numbered line into Google translate. The result was fairly usable but needs
editting line by line.
Then after I was done with the translations, I did a replace line by line
with the replace formula:
Sorry if this is too technical, I know there are a lot of Excel users out
there who can't read this because they have a native version with different
commands, but at least it gives the gist.
I am sure you can easily do this with a Python script as well.
2012/6/29 Андрій Бондаренко <a1(a)wikimediaukraine.org.ua>
2012/6/29 elya <ew_wp(a)web.de>
just a few remarks from best practice, (I'm sure one of our technical
people will offer a more detailed approach here...)
Am 28.06.12 10:04, schrieb Андрій Бондаренко:
1. How could I transform in automatic mode a list
from a standard wiki
form to templated? For example here
is a table where I've templated only first 2 rows but the others have
not yet. Of course whole the list must be templated but doing it by
hands is too dull work.
I saw a bot converting with the help of regular expressions (if the
tables are in a more or less clear structure), but it's much easier to
convert from csv (Calc/Excel) files or from a database. Did you edit
them a lot after putting the lists into Wiki tables?
Some of them - yes, some of them - not yet. It's much easier to work with
lists in a wiki-table form, they look more clear.
You should definitely add the most common of your Ukrainian parameters
to your template - parameters can be left empty if not needed, or filled
later. However it's much easier to put parameters in in the beginning
than adding them later.
Of course. Our parametres are next
| ID = (special ID for WLM)
| назва = (name of the object)
| рік = (year of its creation)
| нас_пункт = (city or village)
| адреса = (adress)
| координати = (coordinates)
| охоронний номер = (official number)
| тип = (type of monument)
| фото = <br /> (photo)
| галерея = (link to commons gallery)
Difficulty is that lists which we receive from our goverment have
differents structures. They don't have such parametres as coordinates or
photo, but sometimes have additional parametres as author of a monument,
it's height, protected area and so on. Using list-to-template
transformation must be easy for standardizing lists.
I think the script must add names of parametres in such way:
it transforme to
- first " || " it transformes to " |ID " =
- second " || " it transformes to "|назва ="
- third " || " it transformes "| рік ="
and so on...
I'll be in the Ukraine on vacation from
mid-July, if I can be of any
help (other than taking images of remote monuments ;-)), just tell me.
OK, welcome! If you'll attend after wikimania we could organize a
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list