I am trying to find the statistics of WLM 2011.
Mainly I would have the list of participants and the number of photos
uploaded by each of them.
I had in my old email a tool of Nuno Tavares but the account is expired.
Is there any other chance?
Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
Association pour l’avancement des connaissances libre
Associazione per il sostegno alla conoscenza libera
Switzerland - 8008 Zürich
I'm Dennis, the secretary of Wikimedia Taiwan, current working on Wiki
Loves Monuments in Taiwan.
The community in Taipei has recruit a working group to run the Taiwan
Wish we good luck
Hi all. We will be joining Wiki loves monuments in Jordan this year for the first time. We have made a small team of local Wikipedians who are interested in organization, and we plan to collaborate with a number of local photography groups and societies. There is no monuments list yet, as there is no governmental interest/concern in releasing such things to public, but I hope we will be able to get one from the ministry of culture. The website is yet to be created :)
Hope everybody a good luck, of course, including us!
Please find the information in the link below.
Registration of wikilovesmonuments.th is not allowed. (THNIC admits
.th registration only third-level domain under seven groups of
predefined second-level domains. Strict registration rules make the
risk of cybersquatting extremely low. There is currently no chapter
in Thailand and small grant may be asked.
The rationales behind Wiki Loves Monuments in Thailand is twofold:
* we wish to recruit more volunteers
* we wish to start a high-impact outreach activity that strengthen the
movement to pave the way for chapter registration.
I'm happy to say that Bolivia will be participating this year for the first
time. Last year we had a failed attempt at participating. That's why we
started earlier this year. I hope you can give us a hand in case we have
We already have the lists for the two biggest cities and are looking for
sponsoring with cultural institutions in the country. :D
alhen at wikipedia, wikihow, wikispaces, and most places.
We are different, but we can all feel love with the same intensity.
The next planning meeting for Wiki Loves Monuments in the United Kingdom
will take place this Friday 31 May at 2pm BST (13:00 UTC). This will take
place using Wikimedia UK phone conference call system, free from the UK and
low local cost from a number of European countries, South Africa & USA.
Please email me for the call in details if you are interested in joining us.
for more details.
Volunteer Support Organiser
+44 (0) 20 7065 0990
+44 (0) 7885 980 534
Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control
over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.
Thanks Monica,But i've been told by Nadar from India that "The first prize winner will win a trip to Wikimania 2014 (London), and other winners will receive vouchers (as it is difficult to pay in cash), probably in few 100 dollars. 2nd prize winner will get 400USD, 3rd 300USD, 4th 250USD and so on"--Saqib
WOW! That is very cool! : )
2013/5/20 Mircla Nava <m.nava(a)monumentenfondsaruba.com>
> Dear wiki loves monuments, ****
> ** **
> Aruba would Also like to participate in the wiki loves monuments
> international contest 2013.****
> We are working on the organization for the local competition, ****
> ** **
> And we are very happy to be part of this competition. ****
> ** **
> Saludos! ****
> ** **
> Mircla Nava ****
> Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
I guess I might just be because I'm a jaded American, but I am stunned and impressed that you were able to get that much support and encouragement from your government/government agency. It's is an example that I hope many national WLM groups will be able to follow.
-------- Original message --------
From: Estermann Beat <beat.estermann(a)bfh.ch>
Date: 05/24/2013 9:30 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: "Mailing list for Wikimedia CH (wikimediach-l(a)lists.wikimedia.org)" <wikimediach-l(a)lists.wikimedia.org>,"Wiki Loves Monuments Photograph Competition (wikilovesmonuments(a)lists.wikimedia.org)" <wikilovesmonuments(a)lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Meeting with Fed. Office for Civil Protection - Section Cultural Property Protection
Yesterday, I have met with the people responsible for the protection of cultural properties at the Federal Office for Civil Protection in Switzerland.
The minutes (in German) can be found here:
Here a summary:
- They are happy to help us with the monuments lists in their area of competence (in addition to the lists of cultural properties of national and regional significance which are handled at the national level, there are also cantonal and municipal monuments lists which they are not responsible for).
- They are positive about Wiki Loves Monuments; the same is true for the cantonal instances they are in contact with (monument protection services / civil protection services).
- They promised to provide us with database dumps, including all the KGS-identifiers (A- and B-objects; identifiers of B objects have been missing so far) by the end of May / beginning of June.
- They will take measures to facilitate the updating of the lists on Wikipedia in the future (clearly indicating changes on their lists; making database dumps available).
- They ask us not to use the official white-blue cultural-property sign for any other objects than KGS class A objects and not to use similar signs either (in fact the use of the official sign is regulated by international law and Swiss law) – This should be taken into account when designing the interfaces of information systems (map applications, phone apps, etc.)
- They gave us recommendations in order to avoid complications due to the different semantic systems at various federal levels
- They will be happy to get informed about any corrections made by the community.
So, and now I hope that the 26+ cantonal and municipal authorities responsible for the rest of the monuments will be as cooperative as the federal ones! ;-)
Berne University of Applied Sciences
CH-3000 Bern 22
Phone +41 31 848 34 30
Phone (direct number) +41 31 848 34 38
Fax +41 31 848 34 31